1) Buying local foods has a variety of health benefits to you and your family. When you buy from local farmers, you have access to fruits and vegetables that you know are chemical free, as well as grass-fed meats, fresh eggs, and dairy from cows that feast on local green grass each day. There are also benefits to eating raw local honeys, which have been documented to help battle some allergies.
2) When you buy local, significantly more of that money stays in the community. A recent study found that for every $100 spent at a local business, $68 remained in the city; as opposed to only $43 of each $100 spent at a chain retailer.
3) Local business owners often have incentive to support other local businesses, patronizing local establishments for both business and personal reasons. Chain businesses, on the other hand, tend to get their supplies from corporate, as well as having store managers and employees that aren’t as personally invested in buying local. This is why we implement our policy if working with other small business owners. Side note: Did you know franchise owners are still local business owners? Yes! They too work diligently to provide you with the products and service you love and spend their money (taxes and profits) in the community.
4) Getting to know your small business owners helps you to build community relationships. Along with the rest of the community, you celebrate when a favorite local business succeeds and you mourn when it’s forced to shut its doors.
5) There is nothing like the small businesses in your community that make living there wonderful and unique. The combined presence of your town’s many local businesses makes it different from every other city in the world. By supporting those businesses instead of chains, you ensure that uniqueness is preserved as a part of your community.
6) Every tried contacting a corporation for assistance with any legitimate issue you may have had? You end up calling a 1-800 number, only to be transferred multiple times; put on hold or not even speaking with a person who can make a decision regarding your issue(s). Yet, when you shop local, the business owner is usually directly connected to every employee and intern affiliated with that business. That leads to a personal approach that often means any legitimate problem you have is taken seriously.
7) Did you know that the owner of the business really does know you? He/she knows what you are looking for. He/she knows what works for their business model and how to help you find those products and/or services that will help you look good; feel good and get help you live a more fulfilling life.
Buying local has benefits beyond mere convenience. When you support local business owners, you get a better level of service, as well as helping make your community a better place to live. This is in addition to the health benefits and access to unique products that you usually can’t find with chains!
Don’t forget you get professional, personalized service in body slimming, body contouring, facial toning and more with the Holistic Wellness Center!
We look forward to offering you 10% off now through Sept 30, 2019 when you shop locally! Just visit HotWorx (Medical Center Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN); Diva Waxing (Thompson Lane, Murfreesboro, TN) StarStylez Salon and Boutique (Veterans Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN); and Doerz Motivation Personal Training (exclusively at MAC Murfreesboro) and make a purchase for products and/or services. Bring your receipt in to receive 10% off your 6 treatments or better of Laser Lipo; 6 treatments of RF Cavitation or 3 treatments or better of Cryoskin!